Sunday, June 9, 2013

Kirkland Old Fashion Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sunday June 9, 2013 - 2 days before we add a puppy to our family. I decided to make some cookies, but I am not baking the whole batch. My problem is always that I love the cookies warm...so I followed the recipe on the back of the Kirkland Chocolate Chip bag and it was easy. I baked 8 and put the remaining dough in the fridge for later. BTW -the dough tasted amazing! 

I will say that they are pretty good. I wanted to find an easier way to locate my recipes. I have saved so many that when I want a specific one I can't find it. I am looking at 3 3in. binders full and then a box full in the other room. Too many recipes...too little time (or money - haha).
Here is the recipe on the back of the bag of the Kirkland bag -
Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 C shortening & butter mixed (1/2 cup butter, fill the balance of the cup with shortening)
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 C all-purpose flour
1 C Kirkland Signature Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven 375°F. combine shortening, butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a medium size bowl. Mix thoroughly with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour until thoroughly blended. Turn off mixer and fold in Kirkland Chocolate chips with a spatula.
Drop by spoonfuls onto cushion-air baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 8-10 min. For a softer chewier cookie, bake until the edges and peaks are slightly golden brown. Recipe courtesy of Kim Walior Costco Wholesale Buyer.



3 comments:

  1. This is the worst chocolate chip recipe I have ever baked. The instructions on the Kirkland package of chocolate chips says to bake them 12 minutes. I did and the dozen on the cookie pan were burned. I had to experiment to find how long to bake them. I found that 7 minutes turned them brown but did not burn them. I should have bought Nestles and followed their recipe. I have never had such a bad result from a recipe. I am disappointed the cookies are not what one would expect from a chocolate chip recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the previous post is talking about. These taste the best really soft and yummy. Everyone loves them when I bake them. I have never burned them. There are 2 different cookie recipes on back of different bags. I think you got them confused. This recipe says 8 to 10 mins they just recently changed recipes. Stick to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Costco too, but I had a bad experience with their recipe. The cookies didn't hardly rise. They only needed 8 minutes at the most versus the recommended amount. But most important, the amount of vanilla is DOUBLE or TRIPLE any other recipe and I think it is a error in the recipe and it affects the taste. Immediately after making my Costco recipe double batch, I made a double batch using all the same ingredients and the Toll House recipe. Now it produced the cookies I expected. I personally think it is process of adding the eggs individually that makes the difference. The flour dough was absolutely fluffy compared to my other batch. For full disclosure, maybe I over beat the eggs when doing the Costco recipe. I will repeat in the future to see if any other factor was involved but I KNOW all measurements were correct. And the chips were GREAT!

    ReplyDelete